Welcome to First Presbyterian Church! We are pleased that you are considering applying for a position with us. Please review the specific details below regarding the Music Director position, as well as information about the application process. Questions may be submitted to email@example.com.
First Presbyterian Church Music Director Position Description
The church Music Director is primarily responsible for the selection music for worship in cooperation with ministerial staff and worship committee.
Specific duties include:
Responsible for the supervision of all musical programs at First Presbyterian Church, including, but not limited to:
- Directing the church choir for all Sunday morning worship services
- Directing regular rehearsals of the choir. Childcare/nursery will be provided.
- Directing the choir for special worship services and musical programs such as Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and/or Christmas Eve services
- Cooperating with the minister, church staff and worship committee in planning and programming of weekly hymns, service music and anthems
- Along with the church organist, providing the appropriate care and maintenance of the choir music library, instruments, choir robes and supplies
- Supervising Praise music program
- Overseeing and supervising Choir interns
- Responsible for the Choir budget
Salary:The annual fee for the music director is an annual amount of $7,000.00 payable in installments on the 15th of each month. The director’s performance will be evaluated annually.
Term: The choir does not practice on Wednesday nights during the summer but will practice on Sunday mornings prior to worship with four weeks off during the summer.
There is a ninety-day probationary period affiliated with this position. An evaluation shall be conducted after that time.
Funerals/Weddings:If either of these events become scheduled through the church office, the Music Director is to be consulted regarding to music to be provided. Fees for these events will be provided by the family scheduling the church and negotiated through the church office/minister.
Vacation:Vacation time is not accrued for this position. Guest conductors may occasionally be invited to substitute for the music director with the permission of the minister. However, it is understood that the music director must be in attendance for religious holidays:
- Christmas Eve
- Rally Day
- Holy week services
Sick Leave:No sick leave is available
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Please submit your resume and three references to:
Attention: Music Director Position
Or, you may submit your application to:
First Presbyterian Church
1601 Main St.
Murray, Kentucky, 42071
Date Posted: 4/3/2019